The Security and Disaster Management program from University of Alaska Fairbanks requires an extended level of synthesis and integration of the critical thinking and analysis skills required for managers and leaders in the homeland security and emergency management enterprise.
- The program builds upon the experience and education of those within this highly interdisciplinary enterprise, providing a relevant graduate-level education focusing on the operational to strategic requirements of our collective public safety.
- The School of Management is extending an offer to waive the application fee for all students who apply to any School of Management degree program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Benefits of the MSDM Program
- 100% online
- In-state tuition for all online courses
- Instructors with real world, hands-on experience
- Member of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Emergency Management Higher Education Program
- Member of Department of Homeland Security University & Agency Partnership Initiative (UAPI)
- Only program of its kind in the state of Alaska
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- Applicants should apply to a graduate degree program at least six to nine months before the beginning of the semester in which they plan to enroll.
DisciplinesEmergency & Disaster Management Terrorism & Security View 83 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United States
- Apply online. Applications must be received before the published deadlines, along with a $75 nonrefundable application fee. Applications submitted after the published deadlines are only accepted upon a department's request and have a $100 nonrefundable application fee.
- Review your department’s department-specific requirements and application deadlines.
- Submit certified official university transcripts and English translations.
- Submit official GRE or GMAT test scores. Not all departments require GRE or GMAT scores if the student has earned a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Submit a resume/curriculum vitae.
- Submit a statement of academic goals.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- Submit official TOEFL or IELTS test results.
- Submit a copy of the passport identification page.
- Complete UAF’s financial statement form and provide supporting documentation showing adequate funding to cover all expenses at UAF.1
International21762 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21762 USD per year during 12 months.
National21762 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21762 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11160 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.