Admission to University of Alaska Fairbanks graduate programs in Physics, computational physics, or space physics requires a bachelor's degree in physics or a related field.
- The broad objectives of the Space Physics program are to understand the physical environment from the upper atmosphere to the sun.
- Our interest in Space Physics stems from the fact that Fairbanks is unique among American cities in that it is located in the auroral zone where the Earth's magnetic field lines provide a view into the outer reaches of the Earth's magnetosphere.
- Theoretical research in Space Physics focuses on space plasma physics, in which numerical simulation plays a major role. On the experimental side, we are proud to be the only University in the world with its own rocket range.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Physics Department generally does not accept students for spring semester due to scheduling of graduate courses, but students demonstrating advanced preparation are given serious consideration.
- The UAF deadlines for spring-semester admission are September 1 for international students and October 15 for US citizens.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPhysics View 403 other Masters in Physics in United States
- Apply online. Applications must be received before the published deadlines, along with a $75 nonrefundable application fee. Applications submitted after the published deadlines are only accepted upon a department's request and have a $100 nonrefundable application fee.
- Review your department’s department-specific requirements and application deadlines.
- Submit certified official university transcripts and English translations.
- Submit official GRE or GMAT test scores. Not all departments require GRE or GMAT scores if the student has earned a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Submit a resume/curriculum vitae.
- Submit a statement of academic goals.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- Submit official TOEFL or IELTS test results.
- Submit a copy of the passport identification page.
- Complete UAF’s financial statement form and provide supporting documentation showing adequate funding to cover all expenses at UAF.1
International21222 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10611 USD per semester during 12 months.
National21222 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10611 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State10620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5310 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairbanks
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.