Students at the University of Alaska Fairbanks considering graduate study in Oceanography are strongly encouraged to contact potential faculty advisors prior to applying.
- This will assist in a more efficient review of their application.
- Students in Oceanography who have strong quantitative skills and have a background in natural sciences or, in some cases, mathematics or engineering are encouraged to apply. Some academic preparation in biology, chemistry, physics, math (including calculus) and geology is advised.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students are admitted on the basis of their ability and academic preparation, availability of financial support, and the capability of the program to meet their particular interests and needs.
- Faculty review requests for admission throughout the year. Most students are supported by their advisors on research projects that relate directly to their degree research. These stipends for financial support are awarded competitively.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- Applicants should apply to a graduate degree program at least six to nine months before the beginning of the semester in which they plan to enroll.
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management View 112 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in United States
- Apply online. Applications must be received before the published deadlines, along with a $75 nonrefundable application fee. Applications submitted after the published deadlines are only accepted upon a department's request and have a $100 nonrefundable application fee.
- Review your department’s department-specific requirements and application deadlines.
- Submit certified official university transcripts and English translations.
- Submit official GRE or GMAT test scores. Not all departments require GRE or GMAT scores if the student has earned a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Submit a resume/curriculum vitae.
- Submit a statement of academic goals.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- Submit official TOEFL or IELTS test results.
- Submit a copy of the passport identification page.
- Complete UAF’s financial statement form and provide supporting documentation showing adequate funding to cover all expenses at UAF.1
International21762 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21762 USD per year during 12 months.
National21762 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21762 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11160 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairbanks
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.