A recent senior project involved designing a solar electric and hot water heating system for a new facility being constructed at Denali National Park.
- Our Mechanical Engineering department at the University of Alaska Fairbanks is noted for small class sizes, close contact between students and faculty, and a very high pass rate for the Fundamentals of Engineering exam.
- There is ample opportunity for both undergraduate and graduate students to be involved with cutting edge research and engineering design through activities such as the Alaska Space Grant Program, the UAF Center for Nanosensor Technology, the UAF Automotive Research Center, and the UAF Energy Center.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering also offers an integrated Mechanical Engineering B.S./M.S. degree program for qualified undergraduate students to complete B.S. and M.S. degrees in a shorter time than traditional B.S. plus M.S. degrees.
- The combined accelerated degree for Mechanical Engineering undergraduate students is designed for students to complete both Bachelor of Science and Master of Science in five years.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysics Mechanical Engineering View 399 other Masters in Physics in United States
- Apply online. Applications must be received before the published deadlines, along with a $75 nonrefundable application fee. Applications submitted after the published deadlines are only accepted upon a department's request and have a $100 nonrefundable application fee.
- Review your department’s department-specific requirements and application deadlines.
- Submit certified official university transcripts and English translations.
- Submit official GRE or GMAT test scores. Not all departments require GRE or GMAT scores if the student has earned a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Submit a resume/curriculum vitae.
- Submit a statement of academic goals.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- Submit official TOEFL or IELTS test results.
- Submit a copy of the passport identification page.
- Complete UAF’s financial statement form and provide supporting documentation showing adequate funding to cover all expenses at UAF.1
International21222 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10611 USD per semester during 12 months.
National21222 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10611 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State10620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5310 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairbanks
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.