The Data Visualization master's program from The New School responds to the increased demand for experts who can turn data into insight. You learn to understand and develop the ways in which the presentation of data shapes opinion, policy, and decision making in today’s information economy.
- Gain the conceptual, creative, quantitative, and coding skills needed to analyze and depict data, developing a holistic understanding of context, audience, and objectives.
- Combine artistic thinking with the ability to create databases and software tools that reflect an understanding of data analysis and information visualization.
- Be part of New York City’s growing tech ecosystem, with opportunities to intern with industry leaders and external partners in the public, nonprofit, and commercial sectors.
- Data Visualization and Information Aesthetics
- Major Studio
- Data Structures
- Quantitative Methods
- Advanced Topics in Research Methods
- Ethical and Critical Perspectives
Graduates find success in applying their skill set in design, data analysis, and computing in a wide variety of fields such as advertising and branding; journalism; business consulting and analytics strategy; management; strategic planning; entrepreneurship; social enterprise; public policy; trend forecasting, and business intelligence.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Fall and Summer Priority Deadline: January 2
DisciplinesDesign Computer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 215 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United States
- Graduate degree applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited American college or university or the equivalent degree from a foreign college or university. Applicants in the process of completing the bachelor's degree may apply for admission. Admission to the program relies on completion of the bachelor's degree.
- Complete a Statement of Purpose
- Submit Your Résumé
- Submit Two Letters of Recommendation
- Submit Official Transcripts
- Portfolio: If a portfolio is required for the program to which you’re applying, you will be prompted to finalize and submit your portfolio via the Digital Portfolio section of your online application.
- Programming Sample: You can submit your GitHub account name and up to three URLs for public GitHub repositories that you maintain to showcase your programming abilities.
- Academic Writing Sample
International53044 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26522 USD per semester during 12 months.
National53044 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26522 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.