Graduate students are afforded excellent opportunities for laboratory and field research through the Institute of Marine Science. Laboratory facilities are available in Fairbanks, the Seward Marine Center, the Juneau Center, College of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences, the Kodiak Seafood and Marine Science Center and at the Kasitsna Bay Laboratory. Opportunities for field work are available on the R/V Little Dipper, which operates in Resurrection Bay.
Students may select courses offered by the graduate program in marine sciences and limnology, the fisheries program, the biology and wildlife department and the chemistry and biochemistry department.
Students considering graduate study in marine biology should have a strong background in biology, molecular biology or biochemistry. Students are admitted on the basis of their ability and the capability of the program to meet their particular interests and needs. Faculty review requests for admission throughout the year. Stipends for financial support are awarded competitively. Limited fellowship support is available. Most students are supported on research projects that relate directly to their degree research.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Marine Biology
- Physiology of Marine Organisms
- Biological Oceanography
- Marine Biology and Ecology Field Course
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesBiology Marine Engineering View 859 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Your Graduate Application for Admission.
- Transcripts: The Office of Admissions requires official transcripts of all college-level course work.
- Transcripts for International Applicants: International applicants must submit certified English translations of transcripts of all college-level course work.
- Test Results: Results of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) are required from applicants to most graduate programs.
- Statement of Academic Goals: Write a statement indicating why you want to study in a particular program.
- Letters of Recommendation.
- Interdisciplinary Applicants: Submit a Graduate Study Plan and a short research proposal.
International20332 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10166 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National10234 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5117 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.