The Counseling program at University of Massachusetts Boston is committed to the preparation of highly qualified professionals who effectively address the needs of children, adults, and families of diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds, abilities, and needs. Located within an urban university, the program is dedicated to the training of professionals who most likely will work in, and provide counseling and related activities to, individuals representing an urban and diverse population.
Counseling Program Options
- The on-campus program offers blended courses with both on campus and online coursework. Classes meet once per week during the fall and spring semesters. Courses are typically scheduled back to back at 4 p.m. (EST) and 7 p.m. to reduce commute time to campus. Students typically attend campus classes no more than twice per week. Summer classes are delivered online, typically after 6 p.m. (EST), once per week.
- The online program is predominantly online, with the exception of two courses completed in-person during the first summer semester over a two-week intensive session.
The Counseling Program, housed within a public urban university, is dedicated to the training of professionals who are prepared to provide counseling and related activities to individuals from various diverse backgrounds in school and university settings.
- Research and Evaluation in Psychology
- Principles of Vocational, Educational, and Psychological Assessment
- Abnormal Psychology
- Vocational Development and Career Information
- Counseling Theory and Practice
- Child and Adolescent Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCognitive Sciences School Counselling Counselling Psychology View 190 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in United States
- Bachelor's Degree
- Online Application and Fee
- Official Transcripts
- Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
One year of related experience (including volunteer work)
International36880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18440 USD per semester during 24 months.
National36880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18440 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State18894 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9447 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.