The Master of Science Information Technology (MSIT) program from the University of Massachusetts Boston is a 10 course, 30 credit degree program: Required MSIT courses, required MSIT electives, and the required MSIT Capstone course. Four (4) pre-requisite courses must be satisfied or waived through prior relevant coursework, based on a review of transcripts.
International students will be required to maintain full-time student status (minimum of 3 courses per semester).
The learning objectives for the Master of Science Information Technology (MSIT) Program are for students to:
- Develop a critical understanding of the technical foundation of information systems to support day-to-day business operation.
- Deploy information technology assets effectively to support business processes and generates competitive advantages.
- Apply critical thinking and analytic competence to complex information systems problems.
- Equip students with communication, leadership and team-based skills necessary for successful careers in business environments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Business Data Communication and Computer Networks
- Object Oriented Information Systems
- Database Management Systems
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Enterprise Business Intelligence
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Business Information Systems Computer Sciences View 770 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Online application with application fee
- Current professional résumé highlighting professional and academic contributions/qualifications.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended, both undergraduate and graduate. Applicants must have the equivalent of a United States bachelor’s degree to be eligible to apply. All transcripts are required, regardless of whether credits were transferred
- Official GMAT or GRE scores
- 2 letters of recommendation from professional or academic references
- Applicants must provide the name and email address for 2 references as part of the online application
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International35980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17990 USD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
National29930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14965 USD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
In-State18432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9216 USD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.