At the University of Massachusetts Boston we offer a master degree in Global Inclusion and Social Development. Exclusion can be related to many factors, including gender, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, and economic status.
Our graduates go on to serve as leaders in their communities, as well as national and international nonprofits, state and national government, and the for-profit sphere. In all these roles, they increase inclusion regionally, nationally, and globally.
Here are some examples of how a SGISD graduate could put their degree to use:
- Running a women’s shelter in an underserved rural community in the U.S.
- Supporting veterans with disabilities to find fulfilling work
- Training people who are blind or have low vision to navigate independently
- Working with an international nonprofit to empower communities hit hard by natural disasters
- Serving as a consultant to the United Nations on issues around equal access to education
- Conducting research into employment and compensation patterns across ethnic groups in a developing country
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Human rights
- Critical ethnic and community studies
- Disability studies
- Nonprofit management
- Rehabilitation counseling
- Transition leadership
- Vision studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology International Development Political Science View 241 other Masters in Political Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Online Application and Fee
- Official Transcripts
- Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
International35980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17990 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National35980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17990 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State18432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9216 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.