This course of study in Exercise and Health Sciences from University of Massachusetts Boston enhances the career growth potential of our students, whether they choose to apply their knowledge and skills for pursuit of an advanced degree, a research-related career, or a professional position in the health field (e.g., exercise physiologist, worksite wellness director).
A wide range of courses and faculty research areas complement the core focus on applied exercise physiology, advanced health fitness and nutrition assessment, and advanced physical activity and health. Students are encouraged early in the program to choose a faculty mentor with whom they wish to study.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge in Exercise Physiology and/or Physical Activity and Health.
- Apply statistical and research skills to identify, synthesize and critically evaluate scientific literature in the field of Exercise Physiology and/or Physical Activity and Health.
- Design and manage physical fitness assessment or exercise prescription and interventions for promoting exercise, physical activity, and health in different populations.
- Translate knowledge acquired in the classroom to actual practice (e.g., research labs, clinical settings).
- Synthesize and disseminate scientific findings through thesis or capstone projects.
- Demonstrate leadership to promote physical activity and improve health in diverse populations.
- Advanced Health Fitness and Nutrition Assessment
- Advanced Physical Activity and Health
- Applied Exercise Physiology
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Proposal Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
30 to 33 credits
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Sports Sciences Kinesiology View 277 other Masters in Kinesiology in United States
- A completed application form
- A two-part personal statementPart one: The applicant’s reasons for wishing to pursue graduate study (at least 300 words)
- Part two: The applicant’s specific interests and the kind of work they wish to pursue in the field. The applicant should indicate which option (Thesis or Non-Thesis) they may select to complete the program
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- Two references
- TOEFL scores, if applicable.
- Resume (strongly recommended)
International36880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18440 USD per semester during 24 months.
National36880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18440 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State18894 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9447 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.