Students in the Music Performance: Voice program at the University of Missouri - Kansas City who are cast and accept a role in the opera productions are required to enroll in either CONSVTY 5516 (Major Role) or CONSVTY 5116 (Minor Role). The VSD Faculty will determine if a role is "major" or "minor," based on the level of difficulty of preparation and performance of the particular opera role.
Enrollment in CONSVTY 5516 and CONSVTY 5116 will include vocal coaching hours during the rehearsal period for the assigned opera role. Opera auditions for the academic year will typically occur either at the end of the spring semester or the beginning of the fall semester.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating from this program will:
- The student will demonstrate correct vocal technique required of a soloist.
- The student will synthesize and apply the historical and analytical components of music as it applies to the vocal repertoire;
- The student will identify and apply proper linguistic grammar, diction, and idiomatic pronunciation as it pertains to the operatic and art song repertoire;
- The student will demonstrate proper stage movement, musical/textual artistry, and acting skills through workshop and live performances;
- The student will examine and apply techniques of basic historical research in music.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Music History
- Music Theory
- Applied Voice
- Opera Literature
- Graduate Voice - Masters Performance
- Vocal Coaching: Recital and Operatic Repertoire
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMusic View 953 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must submit an official transcript from the school where their bachelor's degree(s) were obtained. Unless the transcript of the degree-granting institution includes the complete record of undergraduate work taken at all other schools, an official transcript from each of the other institutions also must be supplied.
- In addition, applicants must submit an official transcript from each school where other coursework has been taken or degrees have been obtained after the bachelor's degree. All credentials submitted in support of the application for admission become UMKC property and will not be returned to students, nor will UMKC release copies of such credentials to a third party.
International26804 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13402 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National26804 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13402 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5680 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.