Music students at Indiana University South Bend are required to enroll in and pass four semesters of MUS-I 100 Cultural Events Attendance. Students submit ticket stubs and programs to an instructor who uses OnCourse to maintain student records. A list of the events available will be published by the Production Office. In addition to cultural events attendance, students enrolled in MUS-I 100 are require to meet once a week in a Convocation/Recital Hour where junior, senior, and graduate students will perform.
The master’s thesis is an extended research paper on a subject in music history or music theory chosen in consultation with and under the direction of a member of the academic faculty. The thesis must present an original idea and argument that is supported by extensive research in a document generally 50-75 pages in length.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Instrumental Pedag
- Piano Methods
- Vocal Pedagoz
- Teaching of Music Theory (composition majors)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMusic View 947 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts: Original academic records (with English translation). Applicants must have a bachelor's degree in Music or Music Education from an accredited educational institution.
- Audition: A successful audition in the student's chosen area of performance; piano, voice, orchestral instrument, composition.Overseas applicants may submit a CD or DVD with their application information.
International713 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 713 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National713 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 713 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State302 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 302 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.