Faculty have expertise in the following areas: cell biology, microbiology, molecular biology, neurobiology, physiology, plant sciences, population biology, and evolutionary biology.
Extensive resources are available to students in the program for advanced study in behavior, biochemistry, conservation biology, cytology, developmental cell biology, genetics, ecology, microbiology, molecular biology, and plant and animal physiology.
Among the program's facilities are research laboratories, instrument rooms, warm and cold environment rooms and growth chambers, greenhouses, animal quarters, and vehicles and boats for field work. The Biology Department manages the University Environmental Genomics Center with DNA sequencing, Phosphorimaging and Real-time PCR capabilities. Biology also manages the new Biology Imaging Center with confocal and fluorescent as well as transmission and scanning electron microscopy. Research labs are well equipped with a variety of standard and specialized equipment including chromatographs, mass spectrometers, a variety of spectrophotometers, an amino acid analyzer, preparative and ultracentrifuges, beta/gamma counters, filmless autoradiography, tissue culture facilities, cryogenic and ultra cold storage, and a CO2 gas analyzer. A wide variety of microcomputers and printers is available throughout the University.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Marine Ecosystems
- Plant Molecular Biology and Physiology
- Theories of Community Structure
- Field Sampling Methods and Data Analysis
- Freshwater Ecology
- Biophysical Instrumentation
- Advanced Cell Biology
- Topics in Archaeological Botany
- Advanced Cell Chemistry
- Theory and Techniques of Electron Microscopy
- Concepts and Methods in Cytology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology View 894 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Submission of the graduate admissions application form.
- A distinguished undergraduate transcript; competitive students generally have at least a 3.0 overall GPA although lower grades can be acceptable.
- A bachelor's degree or its equivalent, from a 4-year college or university of recognized standing.
- Official transcripts of all graduate and undergraduate work. (Two copies of each transcript must be sent directly to the University's Office of Graduate Admissions. A final transcript showing that the bachelor's degree has been awarded must be received before the student can enter the program.)
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Submissions of scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Combined Aptitude Test.
International31425 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31425 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National16115 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16115 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.