The master of architecture (MArch) professional degree is the second component of architectural education at Ball State University. It is for students who seek licensure in the profession and is accredited by the National Architecture Accrediting Board (NAAB).
Our college is listed among "America's World-Class Schools of Architecture" by Design Intelligence, ranked in the top 10 nationally for our work in digital design and fabrication and our commitment to social justice by Architect magazine, and nationally known for our leadership in sustainability—find out what our professional degree program can do for you.
With two options, our graduate degree is for those committed to developing—with faculty and fellow students—the attitudes, skill, and methods needed to work as an architect in support of a sustainable built environment of the highest quality.
We see the built field—and architecture as part of it—as an embodiment of culture in all its diversity and complexity. It is in constant flux while adhering to an underlying coherence. The built field consists of both ordinary and special buildings. Spaces found in built fields span time and space from dense urban agglomerations to the most rural settlements.
The evolution of the built field—depending on both convention and invention for its sustenance—is guided by professionals from a wide range of disciplines, including architects, engineers, planners, as well as public officials, corporate leaders, product manufacturers, and everyday users.
In light of these realities, and because we expect our graduates to engage in diverse forms of local and global practice during their careers, we challenge students with knowledge both new and old. We stress how to learn and how to design, incorporating the methods that constitute the profession’s shared body of knowledge.
- Design Thinking/Foundations Studio
- Visualization and Communication
- Intro to Environmental Systems
- Contemporary History and Theory of Architecture
- Environmental Design and Application of Environmental Systems
- Intro to Architectural Building Technology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture View 305 other Masters in Architecture in United States
- You must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a U.S. 4.0 scale (some programs require higher GPAs)
- You must pay a nonrefundable application fee of $60
- You must submit documentation regarding all prior academic history of higher education
- Ball State University requires all international graduate applicants to demonstrate English proficiency by submitting a TOEFL, Pearson's PTE, or IELTS score unless eligible for a waiver. A scanned copy of the score report can be emailed to INTADMIT@bsu.edu
International20322 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20322 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National20322 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20322 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State7380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7380 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.