The Public Administration MPA program from San José State University aims to educate and train individuals to become the leaders, managers and analysts in public and non-profit agencies that serve the Silicon Valley and its diverse population, using tools that enable them to recognize and value diversity, behave with high ethical standards, manage personnel resources fairly, recognize and manage risk, and manage programs and policies efficiently and cost-effectively.
Graduates with Public Administration from San José State University will be able to:
- Lead and manage in public governance - Apply the project management approach to public management models.
- Participate in and contribute to the public policy process - Apply techniques for program evaluation and policy analysis.
- Analyze, synthesize, think critically, solve problems and make decisions - Employ analytical tools for collecting, analyzing, presenting and interpreting data, including appropriate statistical concepts and techniques.
- Articulate and apply a public service perspective - Behave ethically and with integrity: tell the truth, keep confidences, admit mistakes.
- Communicate and interact productively with a diverse and changing workforce and citizenry - Communicate effectively in writing: prepares clear, concise and well-organized written materials tailored to the audience’s level of expertise and needs.
- Regional Governance
- Public Personnel Administration
- Organizational Theory
- Public Financial Administration
- Non-Profit Management
- Law and Public Administration
- Urban Community Development
- Environmental Planning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Law Public Policy View 742 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
- U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or the completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited, and approved institution from a country outside of the U.S.
- Good academic standing at the last institution attended
- English Language Proficiency Exam
- International Coursework and Degrees
- Submit U.S./Canada Transcripts
- Submit Test Scores
- Submit Declaration of Finance Form
- Submit Bank Letter or Bank Statement
- Submit Copy of Current Passport
- Submit Copy of Current Visa
- Applicants applying directly after graduating from an undergraduate school need an overall grade point average of 3.0 in all courses, or in the last 60 units as an undergraduate, or in the major
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
- Non-CA Resident tuition includes an additional $396 per unit.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.