Sustainability Management graduates from American University Washington DC are equipped to analyze organizational problems in their environmental context and produce economic, ecological, and socially responsible solutions.
Recent graduates of the program have found employment across the public, private and non-profit sectors.
An Interdisciplinary and Specialized Program
The program's interdisciplinary structure provides a multi-faceted and nuanced understanding of the field.
The coursework and curriculum integrate future-oriented business education with environmental and social science, public policy, and international issues. You may also take classes in different schools on campus, offering additional opportunities for enrichment.
The MSSM is the only program in the DC metro area that is available from a business school. In conjunction with an in-depth interdisciplinary study of sustainability theories and practices, students are exposed to modern managerial techniques that are applicable to a sustainable business practices.
The MSSM curriculum focuses on:
- Risk Assessment
- Life Cycle
- Lean Supply Chain
- Firm Excellence
Graduates are equipped to analyze organizational problems in their environmental context and produce economic, ecological, and socially responsible solutions. Recent graduates of the program have found employment across the public, private, and non-profit sectors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial Analysis of the Firm: Concepts and Applications
- Social Sustainability Strategy
- International Dimensions in Management: Study Abroad Project
- Sustainability Systems: Business, Science, Policy, and International Issues
- Marketing Management
- Environmental Science
- Topics in Policy Analysis and Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Environmental Management View 121 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A current copy of your resume is required and must be uploaded in the supplemental items section of the online application.
- A statement of purpose is required for all graduate programs, including certificate programs, and can be completed on the application form.
- One letter of recommendation is required for the the MBA program and all MS programs.
- An interview is required for admission to the Full-time MBA and MS Marketing programs.
- A non-refundable fee of $100 USD is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1812 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1812 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1812 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1812 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.