The Music MM program from San José State University helps students to perform, compose, conduct, or research at a professionally competent level, to be assessed in the final recital or project.
Graduates with Music from San José State University will :
- Have an increased breadth of knowledge and skills beyond the undergraduate level in the foundational areas of music theory and history and in other areas related to their music concentration, assessed with final projects in 201, 202, 203 and the WCE for music theory and history.
- Identify and use standard digital and paper research tools in music and produce a comprehensive bibliography that shows their ability to utilize standard scholarly tools relevant to their concentration area according to standards set in a research and bibliographic rubric, to be assessed in final projects for 200 and WCE.
- Produce an independent creative or scholarly product that demonstrates technical proficiency in their concentration area and effective artistic and intellectual judgments, assessed in final projects for 203, 201, 200, 202, WCE, and in-class participation.
- Methods of Music Research & Writing
- Music History
- Music Systems & Theory
- Style & Performance Practices
- Advanced Conducting
- Jazz History
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Musicology Liberal Arts View 716 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 in the last 60 units of undergraduate coursework. All required transcripts and supporting documents should be sent directly to the university
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or the completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited, and approved institution from a country outside of the U.S.
- English Language Proficiency Exam
- International Coursework and Degrees
- Submit U.S./Canada Transcripts
- Submit Test Scores
- Submit Declaration of Finance Form
- Submit Bank Letter or Bank Statement
- Submit Copy of Current Passport
- Submit Copy of Current Visa
- Good academic standing at the last institution attended
- Audition, Portfolio, Interview
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 24 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Non-CA Resident tuition includes an additional $396 per unit.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.