The Statistics MSc program from San José State University prepares students to become practicing statisticians in business, government and industry fields. It features theoretical and applied coursework in statistics and advanced statistical techniques, and its skills-based coursework emphasizes writing and communication skills and provides students with practical project experience. The program was developed in concert with industry and is designed to dovetail into professional career opportunities.
Graduates with Statistics from San José State University will be able to:
- communicate statistical ideas effectively.
- use technology effectively to assist in solving large statistical problems.
- use statistical modeling to solve practical problems.
- Design and Analysis of Experiments
- Statistical and Machine Learning Classification
- Cluster Analysis
- Mathematical Methods for Data Visualization
- Computational Statistics
- Probability Theory
- Mathematical Statistics
- Regression Theory and Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Statistics View 390 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in United States
- U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or the completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited, and approved institution from a country outside of the U.S.
- A 2.5 institutional GPA (from the 0.0-4.0 U.S. grading scale) in the last degree completed, or a 2.5 GPA in the last two years of full time study
- Good academic standing at the last institution attended
- English Language Proficiency Exam
- International Coursework and Degrees
- Submit U.S./Canada Transcripts
- Submit Test Scores
- Submit Declaration of Finance Form
- Submit Bank Letter or Bank Statement
- Submit Copy of Current Passport
- Submit Copy of Current Visa
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
- Non-CA Resident tuition includes an additional $396 per unit.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.