One of the oldest intellectual disciplines, mathematics plays a key role in many fields: cryptography, computer graphics, operations research, engineering and science. Students majoring in mathematics learn to communicate mathematical ideas effectively and to use basic computational skills, mathematical models and technology to solve practical problems.
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at San José State University offers both undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare our alumni to work in industry and to teach in secondary schools or community colleges. In addition to a BA in mathematics, we offer a BS in applied mathematics that trains students for more technical careers and incorporates student research projects at the Center for Applied Mathematics, Computation and Statistics (CAMCOS). We also offer four master's degrees: an MS and an MA in mathematics, an MA that concentrates on mathematics education and an MS in Statistics.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Applied Mathematics, Computation, and Statistics Projects
- Geometry of Projective Spaces
- Introduction to Smooth Manifolds
- Introduction to Riemannian Geometry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 414 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United States
- U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or the completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited, and approved institution from a country outside of the U.S.
- A 2.5 GPA (from the 0.0-4.0 U.S. grading scale) in the last degree completed, or a 2.5 GPA in the last two years of full time study. Please note that individual program requirements may have a higher GPA requirement.
- Good academic standing at the last institution attended.
- English Language Proficiency Exam, if necessary (see Step 5 for requirements)
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7176 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7176 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.