We are consistently rated in the top two graduate-level national security programs. We are a "brick-and-mortar" program, as we have found that forming relationships with your current and future colleagues to be of utmost importance.
We are a program full of people inspired to serve our fellow human beings. We serve in the military, law enforcement, intelligence community, emergency management, NGO's, the corporate world, and academia. We work on issues ranging from cyber security, counter-human trafficking, child slavery, counter-narcotics, to food and water security issues. We seek not only to eliminate the bad actors who create and capitalize upon human suffering, but also the economic and security conditions that allow black market and organized crime networks to flourish. We are working hard to help create a world in which people of all nations have enough to eat, have meaningful economic opportunities, and feel safe in their homes, schools, and businesses. We invite you to explore our program, our process, and our people.
The mission of the Graduate Program in Homeland Security at San Diego State University is to produce leaders from a variety of educational and professional backgrounds who can effectively and efficiently identify, design and mobilize the appropriate community resources to prevent, deter, preempt, defend against, and respond to terrorist attacks and/or other critical incidents and emergencies on the local, regional, national and international levels.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Seminar in Homeland Security
- Homeland Security Science & Technology
- Emergency Preparedness & Response
- Law, Society, and Homeland Security
- Ideology, Discourse and Conflict
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Submit Cal State Apply Application – March 2
- Submit Documents to Graduate Admissions – April 1
- Complete Program Application – April 1
DisciplinesIT Security Terrorism & Security Cyber Security View 91 other Masters in Cyber Security in United States
- Complete the Cal State Apply Application
- Create an SDSU WebPortal Account
- Submit Official Transcripts and Diploma/Degree Certificate
- Submit Official Test Scores
- Submit Proof of English Proficiency
- Submit Program Specific Documents
- Applicants who have earned a three-year baccalaureate degree from an international institution, may be considered for admission.
International8944 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8944 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National8944 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8944 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.