Geology from San José State University provideS the opportunity for study in many areas of Geology, with a particular emphasis on applied geology and tectonics.
Graduates are employed as geologists, engineering geologists, hydrogeologists, hydrologists, geophysicists, environmental managers in engineering, geological, geophysical, and environmental consulting firms, and as geologists in the mining and petroleum industries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology
- Sedimentary Petrology and Petrography
- Advanced Sedimentary Geology
- Advanced Structural Geology
- Advanced Geomorphology
- Advanced GIS/GPS Mapping
- Advanced Hydrogeology
- Advanced Paleontology
- Advanced Geology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeology View 216 other Masters in Geology in United States
- U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or the completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited, and approved institution from a country outside of the U.S.
- A 2.5 institutional GPA (from the 0.0-4.0 U.S. grading scale) in the last degree completed, or a 2.5 GPA in the last two years of full time study.
- Good academic standing at the last institution attended.
- English Language Proficiency Exam
- International Coursework and Degrees
- Submit U.S./Canada Transcripts
- Submit Test Scores
- Submit Declaration of Finance Form
- Submit Bank Letter or Bank Statement
- Submit Copy of Current Passport
- Submit Copy of Current Visa
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7176 USD per year during 24 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7176 USD per year during 24 months.
Non-CA Resident tuition includes an additional $396 per unit
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.