The Creative Writing MFA program from San José State University helps students demonstrate a command of written academic English, including the abilities to a) organize and present material in a cogent fashion, b) formulate and defend original arguments, c) employ effectively the language of their discipline and d) write under time constraints.
Graduates with Creative Writing from San José State University will be able to:
- demonstrate an appropriate level of expertise in literary history, literary theory, and rhetoric.
- demonstrate high-level proficiency in literary research and in the synthesis of research.
- demonstrate critical and analytical skills in the interpretation and evaluation of literary texts.
- Poetic Craft and Theory
- Narrative Craft and Theory
- Modern Approaches to Literature
- Comparative Literature
- Twentieth Century Poetry
- Myth and Symbolism
- Medieval English Literature
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing Literature View 835 other Masters in Literature in United States
- U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or the completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited, and approved institution from a country outside of the U.S
- A 3.0 institutional GPA (from the 0.0-4.0 U.S. grading scale) in the last degree completed, or a 3.0 GPA in the last two years of full time study
- Good academic standing at the last institution attended
- English Language Proficiency Exam
- International Coursework and Degrees
- Submit U.S./Canada Transcripts
- Submit Test Scores
- Submit Declaration of Finance Form
- Submit Bank Letter or Bank Statement
- Submit Copy of Current Passport
- Submit Copy of Current Visa
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 24 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Non-CA Resident tuition includes an additional $396 per unit.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.