The Management of Technical Education Master at Texas State University is a designed to assist an individual in learning skills that would enhance his or her performance in managing technical education in either an education or an industrial setting.
The degree provides the broad skills necessary for an educator or trainer to become a better instructor and manager of instruction. In this program, students develop instructional and managerial competencies through various courses in curriculum design and delivery, instructional improvement, human performance technology, class organization, management, teaching/learning styles, diversity, understanding organizations, and program evaluation.
Course schedules are flexible to accommodate the needs of working professionals, and many courses are offered in online and hybrid formats. This option allows students to complete courses from home and study whenever and wherever is convenient. Hybrid courses meet three times each semester, and the remainder of the work is online.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Understanding Self: Developing a Personal Vision of Leadership
- Shaping Organizations and Using Inquiry: Management and Leadership
- Understanding People: Professional Development
- Understanding Environments: Social, Political, Economic, Legal, and Technological
- Supervision of Instruction
- Curriculum Design
- Campus Leadership
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Technology Management View 3540 other Masters in Education in United States
- completed online application
- $55 nonrefundable application fee
- $90 nonrefundable application fee for applications with international credentials
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- official transcripts required from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.75 GPA in the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)*
- GRE not required*
- statement of purpose (one page)
International15440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15440 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National15440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15440 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State7880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7880 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.