At the Speech-Language Pathology MA program from San José State University, courses and clinical opportunities place a high priority on assessment and intervention within an evidence-based, ethical, and multicultural framework. Upon completion of the master's degree, students are eligible to apply for certification with the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, California state licensure, and California Speech-Language Pathology Credential.
Graduates with Education, Concentration in Speech Pathology from San José State University will be able to:
- demonstrate foundational knowledge of speech-language, hearing, and swallowing disorders.
- demonstrate clinical competence in assessment, differential diagnosis, and intervention in working with clients from diverse backgrounds.
- provide collaborative, inter-professional family centered services to clients.
- integrate evidence-based practices to guide and inform clinical decisions and service delivery.
- demonstrate professionalism, ethical actions, and advocacy for persons with speech-language, hearing, and swallowing disorders.
- demonstrate skills in oral and written or other forms of communication sufficient for entry into professional practice of speech-language pathology.
- School Age Language, Literacy, and Social Comm.
- Voice Disorders
- Phonological Disorders
- Fluency Disorders
- Neurological Disorders
- Motor Speech Disorders
- Language Disorders in Children
- Speech and Language in a Cross-Cultural Society
- Contemporary Professional Issues
- Cognitive Disorders
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpeech Pathology View 240 other Masters in Speech Pathology in United States
- U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or the completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited, and approved institution from a country outside of the U.S.
- A 3.00 institutional GPA (from the 0.0-4.0 U.S. grading scale) in the last degree completed, or a 3.00 GPA in the last two years of full time study.
- Good academic standing at the last institution attended.
- English Language Proficiency Exam
- International Coursework and Degrees
- Submit U.S./Canada Transcripts
- Submit Test Scores
- Submit Declaration of Finance Form
- Submit Bank Letter or Bank Statement
- Submit Copy of Current Passport
- Submit Copy of Current Visa
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 24 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Non-CA Resident tuition includes an additional $396 per unit.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.