Computer Engineering from San José State University provides in-class theory with hands-on hardware design and software development exercises to give students the skills necessary to create contemporary microelectronic products that are typically embedded computing systems containing both hardware and software.
Graduates with an MS in Computer Engineering can expect to find significant opportunities in digital and computer hardware design and verification, system-level software development, and prototyping and testing as well as technical support and marketing.
Graduates with Computer Engineering from San José State University will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of advanced knowledge of the practice of computer engineering, from vision to analysis, design, validation, and deployment.
- tackle complex engineering problems and tasks using contemporary engineering principles, methodologies and tools.
- demonstrate leadership and the ability to participate in teamwork in an environment with different disciplines of engineering, science, and business.
- advance successfully in the engineering profession and sustain a process of life-long learning in engineering or other professional areas.
- communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- System Verification
- Network Architecture and Protocols
- Network Security
- Embedded Hardware Design
- Embedded Systems Applications
- Network Security
- Software Security Technologies
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 1035 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- An applicant must have a degree equivalent to a four-year U.S. undergraduate baccalaureate degree with a GPA of 3.25 (B+) or higher in a computer-hardware related field, such as computer engineering or electrical engineering.
- An applicant without a baccalaureate degree from an accredited university in the United States must meet SJSU’s minimum requirements on an English-Language Proficiency Exam (TOEFL or equivalent; please visit the Graduate Program Test Requirements website at GAPE for more information).
- The GRE is required of any applicant whose bachelor’s degree was from a non-ABET-accredited program or whose bachelor’s degree GPA was beneath 3.0.
- Good academic standing at the last institution attended.
- English Language Proficiency Exam
- International Coursework and Degrees
- Submit U.S./Canada Transcripts
- Submit Test Scores
- Submit Declaration of Finance Form
- Submit Bank Letter or Bank Statement
- Submit Copy of Current Passport
- Submit Copy of Current Visa
Good academic standing at the last institution attended.English Language Proficiency ExamInternational Coursework and DegreesSubmit U.S./Canada TranscriptsSubmit Test ScoresSubmit Declaration of Finance FormSubmit Bank Letter or Bank StatementSubmit Copy of Current PassportSubmit Copy of Current Visa
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7176 USD per year during 12 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7176 USD per year during 12 months.
Non-CA Resident tuition includes an additional $396 per unit
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.