The Chemistry MSc program from San José State University prepares students to demonstrate information literacy skills for acquiring knowledge of chemistry, both as a student and as a life-long learner.
Graduates with Chemistry from San José State University will be able to:
- demonstrate an advanced understanding of selected topics in chemistry.
- demonstrate an understanding of experimentation, observation and data analysis, and their application to defined questions in chemistry.
- demonstrate a familiarity with available instrumentation for conducting specific scientific research.
- communicate effectively, verbally and written, for the purposes of conveying chemical information to both professional scientists and to the public.
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Radiation Safety
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Physical-Inorganic Techniques
- Instrumental Analysis
- Polymer Chemistry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry Natural Sciences Biochemistry View 614 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
- The Department of Chemistry requires further that the bachelor’s degree be in chemistry or an intimately related science (e.g., chemical physics, biochemistry, or materials science)
- Incoming students must have had the equivalent of 40 semester units of undergraduate chemistry including at least 10 units of general chemistry, 10 units of organic chemistry, 4 units of analytical chemistry, and 4 units of physical chemistry
- A grade point average of 3.0 or higher for the chemistry coursework is preferred
- GRE examination
- At least two, but preferably three, letters of recommendation.
- English Language Proficiency Exam
- International Coursework and Degrees
- Submit U.S./Canada Transcripts
- Submit Declaration of Finance Form
- Submit Bank Letter or Bank Statement
- Submit Copy of Current Passport
- Submit Copy of Current Visa
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
- Non-CA Resident tuition includes an additional $396 per unit.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.