Their individual expertise results in a department with two primary areas of research interest:
- Environmental/ecological science
- Basic biomedical science
We maintain 15 to 16 full-time students and 16 full-time faculty members. Both the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees are awarded. The success of the Biology at University of Dayton lies with a strong orientation toward bioinstrumentation and the individualized treatment of each graduate student. Graduates from the program are in high demand and are readily employed by academic institutions, industry, government agencies, research institutions and hospitals.
Whether you are pursuing your master's degree or your doctorate, our focus results in your expertise. You have the opportunity to develop advanced knowledge in diverse areas of speciality: molecular biology, immunology, genetics, cell biology, biochemistry, applied and environmental biology, developmental biology, microbial metabolism, physiological ecology, plant metabolism, reproductive physiology, endocrinology, regulation of plant growth, medical microbiology, population biology, and behavioral ecology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ecological Restoration
- Ecosystem Dynamics
- Genetics of Human Disease
- General Microbiology
- Cell Biology
- Evolution & Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Genetics View 524 other Masters in Genetics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Official academic records of all previously attended colleges or universities must be submitted directly from the colleges or universities to the Office of Graduate Admission Processing. Hand-carried transcripts, official copies marked Issued to Student, and unofficial copies are not acceptable.
- Three letters of recommendation from professors or employers
- A personal statement addressing specific areas of interest; professional goals and objectives after earning a graduate degree; and, any prior research experience.
- Official GRE test score. Candidates are encouraged to obtain a score of 150 or more in the verbal and quantitative sections and a score of 3.0 or better in the written section.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1005 USD per credit during 24 months.
National12060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1005 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Dayton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.