The MS Biomedical Engineering program at San José State University is designed to produce graduates who:
- Are able to solve complex engineering problems and tasks, and use engineering, science and statistics principles to justify recommendations.
- Are able to evaluate the impact of their work on society, including ethical, economic, global and environmental aspects.
- Can deliver effective presentations of engineering results in written and oral formats.
- Have life-long learning skills and are able to apply their engineering knowledge to critically evaluate relevant literature and new technologies or systems.
- Are effective leaders, capable of working in diverse environments.
- Are able to apply their engineering education to a variety of career paths.
The coursework has been designed to build upon the student’s background in engineering, biology, chemistry or physics. Students will take courses that uniquely prepare them to function effectively in a Food and Drug Administration-regulated global environment in which they will develop health-related medical products and techniques that improve the quality of life.
The electives, in combination with the required thesis or project research, will enable the student to develop depth in one of the many areas that biomedical engineering encompasses.
- Foundations of Biomedical Engineering
- Theory and Application of Statics
- Mechanics of Materials
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Health Sciences General Engineering & Technology View 1066 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- The completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited, and approved institution from a foreign country, or the completion of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Hold a GPA of at least 2.5 (from the 0.0-4.0 U.S. grading scale) in the last degree completed, or a GPA of 2.5 in the last two years of full time study.
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7176 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7176 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.