At the Biological Sciences - Physiology MSc program from San José State University, during their research experience, students acquire the skills necessary to successfully address a variety of research questions under the guidance of faculty.
In addition, students with our degree will have gained experience in critical thinking, problem-solving, research methodology (e.g., experimental design, sampling techniques, and analysis), and both written and oral communication. Our alumni are successful applicants for doctoral degree programs and generally attain high level academic and non-academic positions in both the private and public sectors.
Graduates with Biological Sciences, Concentration in Physiology from San José State University will be able to:
- develop effective written communication skills, as assessed by a research proposal at baseline, followed by a written exam.
- develop effective oral communication skills, as assessed by a research proposal at baseline, followed by an oral exam.
- demonstrate the ability to independently answer questions regarding their specific field of study, as assessed by a research proposal at baseline, followed by an oral exam.
- demonstrate the ability to develop, present, defend and critically analyze hypotheses and conclusions using information gained through searches of primary literature, as assessed by a research proposal at baseline, followed by an oral exam.
- Biological Sciences
- Science Communication
- Advanced Physiology
- Comparative Animal Physiology
- Advanced Biology: Physiology
- Ecology and Evolution
- Molecular & Microbiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNatural Sciences Physiology View 408 other Masters in Natural Sciences in United States
- U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or the completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited, and approved institution from a country outside of the U.S.
- A 2.5 institutional GPA (from the 0.0-4.0 U.S. grading scale) in the last degree completed, or a 2.5 GPA in the last two years of full time study
- English Language Proficiency Exam
- International Coursework and Degrees
- Submit U.S./Canada Transcripts
- Submit Test Scores
- Submit Declaration of Finance Form
- Submit Bank Letter or Bank Statement
- Submit Copy of Current Passport
- Submit Copy of Current Visa
- A 1-2 page personal statement that includes the following sections: an explanation of why the student wants to earn an MS or MA, their long-term goals and how the degree will help facilitate those goals, the names of up to three tenured or tenure-track faculty members whose research interests them, and two letters of recommendation
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 24 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Non-CA Resident tuition includes an additional $396 per unit.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.