Students from the Biological Sciences MA program from San José State University go on to careers in research, biotechnology, medical and health sciences, and teaching.
Graduates with Biological Sciences from San José State University will be able to:
- develop effective written communication skills, as assessed by a research proposal at baseline, followed by a written exam.
- develop effective oral communication skills, as assessed by a research proposal at baseline, followed by an oral exam.
- demonstrate the ability to independently answer questions regarding their specific field of study, as assessed by a research proposal at baseline, followed by an oral exam.
- demonstrate the ability to develop, present, defend and critically analyze hypotheses and conclusions using information gained through searches of primary literature, as assessed by a research proposal at baseline, followed by an oral exam.
- Advanced Molecular Techniques
- Science Communication
- Advanced Physiology
- Immunological Techniques
- Comparative Animal Physiology
- Advanced Topics: Ecology and Evolution
- Advanced Biology Laboratory
- Advanced Topics: Molecular & Microbiology
- Advanced Experimental Design and Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Genetics View 287 other Masters in Microbiology in United States
- U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or the completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited, and approved institution from a country outside of the U.S.
- A 2.5 institutional GPA (from the 0.0-4.0 U.S. grading scale) in the last degree completed, or a 2.5 GPA in the last two years of full time study
- Good academic standing at the last institution attended
- English Language Proficiency Exam
- International Coursework and Degrees
- Submit U.S./Canada Transcripts
- Submit Test Scores
- Submit Declaration of Finance Form
- Submit Bank Letter or Bank Statement
- Submit Copy of Current Passport
- Submit Copy of Current Visa
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 24 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Non-CA Resident tuition includes an additional $396 per unit.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.