- Students who complete the Master of Public Health from Ohio University are well positioned for careers in a variety of settings, including: local or state health departments, community-based organizations, governmental organizations (CDC) and global health.
- Since OHIO is uniquely situated in the heart of rural Appalachia, students will complete coursework related to social, behavioral, environmental, and cultural determinants of rural health as well as courses focused on the assessment, design, implementation and evaluation of health interventions in a rural setting.
- Through classroom instruction, research and/or field experience, students will work closely with Ohio University's faculty and public health leaders in rural Appalachian Ohio who are actively engaged in rural health research and practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Health Concepts
- Biostatistics in Public Health
- Social and Behavioral Sciences in Public Health
- Epidemiology in Public Health
- Health Services Administration in Public Health
- Environmental Health Sciences in Public Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Fall admission only
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1317 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Earned bachelor’s degree at the start of the MPH program
- GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (undergraduate)
- GPA of 3.5 of higher on a 4.0 scale (graduate)
- Submit three professional letters of recommendation
- Submit a personal statement (1,000 word limit) (academic background, professional background, why they want to pursue an MPH at OHIO, and what they plan to do in the future)
- Send official transcripts
- CV or resume
- GRE optional (if taken, scores sent to Ohio University)
- TOEFL official scores sent to Ohio University
International12948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6474 USD per semester during 24 months.
National12948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6474 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State6996 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3498 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.