With more than 35,000 students, SDSU is the largest university in San Diego and the third largest in California.
The Art faculty at San Diego State University is comprised of 18 full time tenured and tenure-track professors and 27 lecturers, whose scholarship and creativity are recognized both nationally and internationally.
Some distinctions that set us apart:
- SDSU’s School of Art and Design consistently ranks as one of the top fine arts programs in the nation by U.S. News and World Report
- SDSU’s School of Art + Design is one of the most community-engaged schools in the college with frequent projects benefitting local non-profits, cities and municipalities, and museums, as well as international projects in Baja, Mexico
- SDSU’s School of Art + Design is home to cutting edge technology and instruction. Our newly-opened Flab (Fabrication Lab) is a hands-on creative space featuring a range of high tech equipment including: CNC routers, digital vinyl cutters, desktop waterjet cutters, laser cutters, and a variety of 3D printing options.
The Community and Outreach….
SDSU is situated in a culturally diverse urban environment in San Diego, CA. In addition to several on-campus galleries that are dedicated to student work, the School also operates a gallery in the heart of San Diego’s thriving downtown district, which hosts visual and performing arts exhibitions featuring the work of professional and student artists.
SDSU’s graphic and interior design programs play a major role in the larger San Diego design community. These disciplines participate with a large variety of businesses in their student internship programs, building bridges between San Diego’s design industry and the School, and providing opportunities and career stepping stones for its students.
SDSU’s School of Art and Design receives its funding from both California State University funds as well as private grants for well-equipped and diverse facilities. Furthermore, a variety of competitive scholarships and fellowships are available to students from a variety of nonprofit and private donations and endowments.Other funds for which students of the School of Art and Design are eligible to apply include unique fellowship, grant, and paid internship opportunities through the Center for Craft, Creativity, and Design. SDSU is one of only 64 universities whose art students are invited to compete for these funds to help them with post-graduate endeavors in craft making, research, or museum experience dealing with craft-based exhibitions or collections.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Design
- Furniture & Woodworking
- Jewelry and Metalsmithing
- Graphic Design
- Interior Architecture
- Multimedia and Photography
- Painting and Printmaking
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 534 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Complete the Cal State Apply Application
- Create an SDSU WebPortal Account
- Submit Official Transcripts and Diploma/Degree Certificate
- Submit Official Test Scores
- Submit Program Specific Documents
- Applicants who have earned a three-year baccalaureate degree from an international institution, may be considered for admission.
International9154 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9154 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National9154 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9154 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.