The program includes two phases. Applications from students without a background in speech-language pathology will be submitted automatically to the Preparatory phase of the program. Applications from students who currently hold a Bachelors' degree in speech-language pathology will be submitted automatically to the core phase of the program. The program leading to a Master of Science degree for Speech Pathology undergraduate degree majors is a full time five-semester sequence beginning each year in the fall semester.
The Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) of the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA) accredits the Speech-Language Pathology Program. Graduating students will be eligible to apply for the Certificate of Clinical Competence by ASHA if all requirements are fulfilled. Students may also be eligible for Kentucky State Teaching Certification in speech-language pathology. The Teacher Certification Program by which speech pathology students prepare for school therapy positions is certified by the National Council for Accreditation for Teacher Education. Additional coursework may be required to be eligible for ASHA or teaching certification.The program has cooperative arrangements with more than thirty schools, agencies, hospitals, and practice groups in the Kentuckiana region.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Anatomy & Physiology for Communication Sciences
- Neurological Disorders of Speech Production
- Augmentative/Alternative Communication
- Preschool Language Intervention
- Cognitive Disorders
- Voice Disorders
- Fluency Disorders
- Speech Pathology
- Practicum: Audiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Deadline for filing - September 19
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Public Health Special Education View 804 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All candidates for admission to graduate programs must complete the online application form
- A non-refundable application $60 US fee is required with the application form
- Applicants for admission to a degree program must submit an official transcript from each college attended. All University of Louisville transcripts will automatically be submitted with completion of an application
- Applications to non-degree or certificate programs need only submit an official transcript certifying at least a bachelor's degree
- Applicants for admission to most graduate degree programs must take the general section of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- All applicants for whom English is a second language must also submit official TOEFL and IELTS scores
- Two letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant's academic work are required
International26454 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13227 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National12684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6342 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.