Control devastating chronic conditions by discovering how to identify risk factors and contextual influences, and applying evidence-based prevention approaches.
The Epidemiology program of University at Albany prepares you to succeed in roles related to geographic and demographic health surveillance and the management of disease agents and risk factors.
Learn how to select study populations, collect and interpret data, and recommend ways to improve the health of people affected by communicable and chronic illnesses.
Graduate of this program study and solve large-scale public health problems in government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and research and development firms.
Sample job titles: epidemiological data analyst, infection control epidemiologist, field epidemiologist, pharmaceutical epidemiologist, and public health liaison.
- Principles and Methods of Epidemiology
- Principles of Public Health
- Computer Programming for Data Management and Analysis in Public Health
- Principles of Statistical Inference
- Quantitative Methods in Epidemiology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Statistics Epidemiology View 541 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing
- Grade point average of 3.00 or better
- It is very strongly recommended to have an undergraduate major in in mathematics, statistics, computer science, the biological, physical or social sciences
- One semester of college level calculus
- One semester of biology and chemistry
- Minimum GRE scores 160 verbal; 148 quantitative; 4.5 writing
- WES evaluations for international transcripts. Evaluations are not required for Canadian transcripts if the language of instruction is English.
- Minimum TOEFL score of 98, two semesters of full-time study at a US college or university, or completion of an undergraduate degree in a country where English is the official language and language of instruction
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Albany
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.