Candidates develop teaching skills and apply knowledge learned in courses during their field experiences. They are supported by expert faculty, master teachers and field advisers/mentors.
The Teaching - Childhood Education (MST) program at Fordham University leads to NYS Initial Teacher Certification in Childhood Education 1-6. The program is approved by the Association of Childhood Education International (ACEI). Fordham’s Graduate School of Education is a nationally accredited teacher education institution in New York City. The program received the first-ever national award for Effective Teacher Preparation from the US Dept. of Education in 2000. Read more about certification procedures.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Beginning Reading and Writing in Inclusive Classrooms
- Childhood Education Portfolio
- Children’s Literature in a Multicultural Society
- Historical, Philosophical, and Multicultural Foundations of American Education
- Literacy Across the Curriculum in Inclusive Classrooms
- Psychology of Child Development and Learning
- Reflective Practice and Field Experience in an Inclusive Childhood Classroom
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesTeaching View 1044 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and have obtained a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B). If you have received a post bachelors degree from an accredited college or university, a minimum GPA of 3.5 is required.
- Official transcripts of all coursework Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- GRE/MAT Exams
International1442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1442 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1442 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.