A unique program feature is the Master's Cohort in College Student Personnel. Each academic year, a cohort of 10 to 12 students is selected to take courses on a full-time basis while working in a graduate assistantship in University of North Texas Division of Student Affairs. This cohort format, which lasts two years, is offered in addition to our standard master's program in Higher Education.
Our faculty members have published more than two dozen books, monographs and book chapters and more than 100 refereed journal articles. Their research areas include leadership in higher education, higher education policy and finance, access and equity, institutional effectiveness, professoriate, student affairs, and student development. They have also:
- Served as editors or editorial board members for the Journal of College Student Development, Community College Journal of Research and Practice, Journal of College and Character, Journal of American Indian Education, Journal of Student Centered Learning, Journal of Distance Learning Administration, and Journal of the First-Year Experience and Students in Transition
- Presented numerous papers at international and national professional meetings and conferences
- Generated more than $2 million in grants from federal, state and private foundations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
We provide course work and practical experience opportunities leading to a Master of Education degree in Higher Education. The degree prepares you for entry-level and mid-level administrative positions in colleges and universities that include, but are not limited to, work in:
- Academic advising
- Alumni affairs
- Career advising
- Diversity programs and services
- Greek life
- Student housing and residence life
- Student unions
Our curriculum focuses on higher education theory and practice. Specializations are available in student affairs administration, community college leadership and general administration.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3555 other Masters in Education in United States
- Acceptable undergraduate GPA
- Clarity and fit of the applicant's career objectives
- GRE or GMAT scores; waived with a GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Quality of the admissions essay
- Strength of the professional/educational references
International30164 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30164 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National30164 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30164 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State22568 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22568 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Estimated expenses for international students will be provided on their immigration documents by the Division of International Affairs.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.