In addition to having the largest number of undergraduate majors/minors of any Jesuit college or university, the Department offers two graduate degrees:
- Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Whether pursuing undergraduate or graduate education, Fordham University Cathikuc Theology students work alongside distinguished scholar-teachers committed to student mentoring and development.
The M.A. provides a general, two-year, graduate-level introduction to theological study with an emphasis on Biblical, Historical, and Systematic approaches. Degree requirements include a six-course core sequence, four electives, and a final project. Typically pursued as a terminal degree, Fordham’s M.A. in Catholic Theology may be completed on a part-time basis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of Christianity I (Lienhard)
- Issues in Fundamental Moral Theology (Massingale)
- Second Temple Judaism (Hogan)
- Medieval Modernists (Moore)
- Introduction to the New Testament (M. Peppard)
- The Self in Early Christianity (Dunning)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 739 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- All applicants must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and have obtained a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B). If you have received a post bachelors degree from an accredited college or university, a minimum GPA of 3.5 is required.
- Official transcripts of all coursework taken at the undergraduate and/or graduate level, including study abroad transcripts, must be submitted to the GSE Office of Admissions in official sealed envelopes.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- GRE/MAT Exams
International1442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1442 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1442 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.