Our graduate faculty are active in research, demonstrating a clear adherence to our department’s mission of fostering state-of-the-art research. Our faculty publish articles in top journals such as American Sociological Review, Social Forces, and Sociological Methods & Research, as well as books from top scholarly presses.
Our faculty also present at both national and international conferences and obtain external funding from top foundations including the National Science Foundation and the George Kaiser Family Foundation. Our department also offers a strong emphasis on collaborative research between graduate students and faculty members. Many of our faculty have produced co-authored publications with graduate students.
The Sociology program at the University of Oklahoma also emphasizes the importance of teaching. All of our Ph.D. students receive hands-on training and experience in teaching. Our training program includes an orientation workshop for new teaching assistants, a teaching seminar for Ph.D students, and an opportunity for Ph.D students to design and teach their own courses.
- Fundamentals of Sociological Statistics
- Advanced Methods of Social Research
- Advanced Regression Analysis
- Categorical, Panel, and Advanced Social Statistics
- Professionalization Seminar
- Sociological Theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Cognitive Sciences View 687 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- Note: if you are recommended for admission, your official transcripts from all degree-granting institutions (bachelor’s or higher) will be required.
- If you earned a degree (bachelor’s or higher) from The University of Oklahoma, you do not need to upload this transcript.
- “Advisory” transcripts or web printouts from your student portal are not acceptable and insufficient for the review of your application
International39932 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19966 USD per semester during 24 months.
National12050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6025 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State35004 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17502 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Tuition per 18 credit hours
Living costs for Norman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.