About this Degree
The general Spanish program of study at the University of Oklahoma includes courses in grammar, conversation, composition, reading, culture and civilization, literature, and history of the language.
The MLLL faculty teaches fundamental linguistic skills and provides the intellectual training to contextualize cross-cultural experiences. We also emphasize the significance of literary and cultural traditions, as developed through history, for human self-understanding. At the graduate level, master’s and doctoral students combine advanced courses in literature, culture, theory, and methodology with supervised pre-professional training. Consequently, our programs are designed to prepare the next generation of researchers, teachers, and professionals, whose expertise builds upon modern languages, literatures, and cultures.
- Spanish, History of the Spanish Language
- Contemporary Literary Criticism
- Electives: 18 hours for thesis students, 26 hours for non-thesis students. A total not to exceed 6 graduate hours at the G4000 level is allowed as part of the major.
- Thesis Research: 6 hours SPAN 5980 required for thesis students.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 632 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in Spanish Literature(s), or equivalent is strongly recommended.
- Have a 3.0 grade point average in the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work.
- Have excellent proficiency in spoken and written Spanish.
- Applicants who hold a B.A. in Spanish but do not have the requisite 3.0 grade point average may be admitted on probation for one semester, provided they have at least a 2.75 grade point average.
International39932 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19966 USD per semester during 24 months.
National12050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6025 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State35004 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17502 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Tuition per 18 credit hours
Living costs for Norman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.