The Department of Behavior Analysis’ curriculum focuses on these areas:
- How to design procedures for the systematic application of behavioral technology in applied settings
- Knowledge of principles of behavior, their conceptual basis and behavior analytic research methodology
- Practical experience in the implementation and analysis of behavior intervention programs
- Skills for conducting research in natural settings and for modeling phenomena in laboratory settings
- Adult learners
- Children with autism
- College students
- Foreign-language learners
- People with developmental disabilities
- Pets and exotic animals
Our faculty also conduct behavioral neuroscience research, experimental research, and research related to animal behavior.
A career in Behavior Analysis will give you many options. Behavior analysts work in a variety of settings, including:
- Animal shelters
- Governmental institutions
- Health institutions
- Large corporations
Anywhere there are people, there is the opportunity to help individuals reach their full potential through improving their environment.
You can pursue a Master of Science degree in Behavior Analysis at the University of North Texas. Our program will teach you about both the experimental analysis of behavior and applied behavior analysis, which will prepare you for either further study in a doctoral program or a career in a variety of settings. Our coursework will give you a broad understanding of behavior principles, but also will allow you to specialize in certain areas. For example, we offer several courses that focus on autism. Our program also will prepare you for certification as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesOrganisational Behaviour View 152 other Masters in Organisational Behaviour in United States
- Commitment to a career in behavior analysis
- Two behavior analysis prerequisite courses
- Three reference letters
- Statement of interest
National17172 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8586 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State1800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 900 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.