About the Mathematics course
Here at Oklahoma, our core research areas are Algebra and Number Theory; Analysis and Applied Math; Geometry and Topology; and RUME (math education). We have approximately 37 faculty, 57 graduate students, and 8 postdoctoral researchers. The atmosphere in the department is friendly and collaborative, with numerous weekly seminars running in all our research areas and regular tea time.
To learn more about our program, please navigate our webpages and feel free to contact the graduate director with questions.
The Mathematics MS program at the University of Oklahoma is offered for students who want to pursue studies in Mathematics beyond the undergraduate level, but who do not plan to obtain a doctorate in Mathematics.
- Numerical Analysis or Computer Science: One 3-hour course.
- Mathematical Models: This requirement consists of the course MATH 5103.
- Abstract Mathematics: Two 3-hour courses.
- Applied Mathematics: Two 3-hour courses.
- Outside Courses: Two 3-hour courses taken outside the Mathematics Department that use some mathematics at the level of Calculus or higher.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- After this date, the graduate committee will review new applications through April or until all positions are filled.
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 996 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
- Electronic application (one of the above two methods)
- Statement of interest
- GRE scores (only the general GRE is required, math subject GRE is not required, but encouraged)
- Three letters of recommendation
- These should be from people familiar with your work in mathematics. Please encourage your letter writers to read our advice for letter writers.
- These should be copies of your recent, official transcript.
- International students only:
International39932 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19966 USD per semester during 24 months.
National35004 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17502 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State12050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6025 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Tuition per 18 credit hours
Living costs for Norman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.