English Program Highlights
- Improve close reading skills
- Write with greater precision, creativity, and rigor
- Attain a complex knowledge of literature from different periods
- Learn and demonstrate knowledge of various theoretical approaches to the study of literature
- Develop a fuller understanding of research strategies and practices
- Fordham University students must complete ten courses (30 credits)
- Demonstrate reading knowledge of one foreign language (0 credits) of French, German, Italian, Latin, or Spanish
- Complete an MA Capstone Writing Project (3 credits)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- British literature 1485-1800
- British literature after 1800
- American literature before 1900
- American literature since 1900
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature View 893 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Early admission applicants are not required to take the GRE exam or pay an application fee. Should you choose to apply for early admission to the M.A. program in English, please email Prof. John Bugg (email@example.com) as soon as possible, and submit our application anytime between now and Monday, April 25. Two recommendation letters from Fordham English faculty members are required with your application – if you are uncertain of how to go about this, or have any other questions, please feel free to get in touch with Prof. Bugg directly.
International1442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1442 USD per credit during 24 months.
National1442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1442 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.