About the Rhetoric and Writing Studies Graduate Program
Our professors represent the diversity of the field, researching rhetorical history and theory, women’s rhetorics, indigenous and de-colonial studies, composition theory, technical writing and scientific communication, multimodal production, religious rhetoric, digital humanities, cross-curricular literacy, memory studies, and writing program administration. Recent courses demonstrating this breadth, include:Rhetoric and Writing Studies programme is offered at the University of Oklahoma.
Recent courses demonstrating this breadth, include:
- Disability Studies
- Contemporary Rhetorical Theory
- The Rhetoric of Women Writers
- Technology Studies in Rhetoric, Composition, and Literacy
- Indigenous Rhetorics
- The Digital Humanities
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 806 other Masters in Languages in United States
- A sample of critical or scholarly writing, no more than 25 pages long. This may be an excerpt from a longer work, such as a senior thesis. It should, however, be clear of grading comments and should preferably be in your expressed area of concentration.
- A 1-2 page personal statement about what you’ve done in English or in related fields, why you want to study English, and, particularly, why you think the University of Oklahoma is an appropriate place for you to do it.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
Official transcripts from every prior institution
International39932 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19966 USD per semester during 24 months.
National12050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6025 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State35004 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17502 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Tuition per 18 credit hours
Living costs for Norman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.