There is a growing need for engineers who are concerned with the whole system and can take an interdisciplinary and top down approach. Systems engineers need to be problem definers, not just problem solvers, and be involved with a system through its life cycle, from development through production, deployment, training support, operation, and disposal.
Graduate programs leading to the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees are offered inSystems Engineering. The graduate program builds on sound engineering undergraduate education, experience, and maintains engineering specialization diversity in its graduates.
Systems engineering research is supported by interdisciplinary research and collaboration. Research areas include: model based engineering, systems architecting, modeling and simulation, complex adaptive systems, computational intelligence, human system integration and infrastructure systems. The systems engineering graduate program, with over 500 graduates since 2000, contributes to the research challenges of systems engineering imposed by today's complex, adaptive, distributed, cooperative and dynamically changing engineering systems.
It is the policy of the Missouri University of Science and Technology to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status; to prohibit discrimination in recruitment, employment or conditions of employment, including salary and benefits related thereto; to promote employment opportunity and to take affirmative action in this regard.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- System Engineering and Analysis
- Economic Analysis for Systems Engineering
- Systems Architecting
- Complex Engineering Systems Project Management
- Systems Engineering Capstone
- Wireless Networks
- Information Based Design
- Systems Life Cycle Costing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
Priority Application Deadlines
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences General Engineering & Technology View 1607 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- A submitted online application
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Two letters of recommendation
- Transcripts (in English) from all colleges and universities attended. All unofficial copies of transcripts and scores can be uploaded to your online application for S&T to review. Upon arrival on campus, you must request that an official copy of your transcript(s) to be sent to us directly from your previous university’s registrar's office and all official scores reported directly from the respective testing agency. Once we receive the official documents, we will verify them. If there are any discrepancies between the unofficial documents you submitted, Missouri S&T will withdraw your admission and you will not be allowed to apply to S&T in the future.
- A statement of purpose
- A resume or curriculum vitae
International23520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23520 USD per year during 12 months.
National22170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22170 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State7840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7840 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Missouri City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.