Certified FNP’s provide a range of healthcare services to individuals and families in a variety of clinical settings. Such services include health maintenance, disease prevention, assessment, and healthcare management. The Family Nurse Practitioner program offers an excellent educational foundation in advanced practice nursing and substantial clinical experience. Graduates of the program are prepared to make independent and collaborative decisions, sound clinical judgments, and be leaders in their profession.
The University of Miami is located at the crossroads of the Caribbean and the Americas in tropical Miami-Dade County, Florida. This location provides a unique multicultural environment in which to study and practice. The program benefits from its relationship to the University of Miami’s Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine, a major international academic health center. Clinical instruction is taught by highly skilled faculty in a variety of settings.
The mission of the MSN program is to educate students and support faculty committed to excellence in the art and science of nursing and health care studies through creating and disseminating health knowledge and developing culturally competent leaders to provide safe service to our community, the nation, and the world.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Physiology/Pathophysiology for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Advanced Health Assessment and Diagnostic Reasoning
- Adult Gerontology
- Concepts in Advanced Practice Nursing
- Professionalism in Advanced Practice Nursing
- Research Methods and Evidence-Based Practice
- Advanced Practice Nursing Integration
- 18 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 476 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- Degree in nursing from a NLN or CCNE accredited program is preferred.
- Registered nurses with a Bachelor’s degree in other relevant science fields may be considered.
- Official transcripts for each institution attended must be mailed from the issuing institution’s Registrar directly to NursingCAS. NursingCAS cannot process transcripts that are stamped “Issued to Student.” To expedite the process be sure to include the Transcript Request Form from the “Colleges Attended” section in “Academic History.”
- Applicants are required to list all institutions attended in the “Colleges Attended” section under “Academic History” even if no degree was awarded.
International29600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 44400 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
National29600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 44400 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
- Part-time Tuition per semester: $8,800
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.