The focus is on providing primary care to the entire adult-older adult age spectrum and across the continuum of care from wellness to illness. The scope of practice is not setting specific but rather is based on patient care needs.
The settings in which the Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner at University of Miami delivers care may include nurse managed and community health centers and clinics, private medical practices, specialty clinics, Veteran’s Administration facilities, home care, assisted living facilities, skilled nursing facilities and other long-term care settings, acute and chronic rehabilitation centers, and urgent care departments. In many cases, Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioners follow their patients across care settings to maintain quality and safety during care transitions.
Graduates are eligible for the Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner certification exam given by the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.
The mission of the MSN program is to educate students and support faculty committed to excellence in the art and science of nursing and health care studies through creating and disseminating health knowledge and developing culturally competent leaders to provide safe service to our community, the nation, and the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Physiology/Pathophysiology for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Advanced Health Assessment and Diagnostic Reasoning
- Adult Gerontology
- Concepts in Advanced Practice Nursing
- Professionalism in Advanced Practice Nursing
- Research Methods and Evidence-Based Practice
- Advanced Practice Nursing Integration
- 18 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 495 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- Degree in nursing from a NLN or CCNE accredited program is preferred.
- Registered nurses with a Bachelor’s degree in other relevant science fields may be considered.
- Official transcripts for each institution attended must be mailed from the issuing institution’s Registrar directly to NursingCAS. NursingCAS cannot process transcripts that are stamped “Issued to Student.” To expedite the process be sure to include the Transcript Request Form from the “Colleges Attended” section in “Academic History.”
- Applicants are required to list all institutions attended in the “Colleges Attended” section under “Academic History” even if no degree was awarded.
International28000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42000 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
National28000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42000 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
- Part-time Tuition per semester: $8,400
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.