Admission requirements include a baccalaureate degree in music, and practical experience in choral conducting through church, school, or community ensembles is preferred. Enrollment in this major is only by special permission via application and audition. Please find links regarding the curriculum, how to apply, and the application requirements below.
The mission of the Masters of Music in Choral Conducting at the University of Miami is to:
- provide a music performance-based education and to train conductors to further develop the necessary skills and techniques to be competitive with other conductors in graduate school or the professional field;
- to provide a platform of learning that includes excellence in performance, creativity, artistry, and scholarship; and
- to foster a sense of community involvement in the arts and the greater musical world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Choral Score Study
- Vocal Pedagogy
- Choral Conducting: Major Work Emphasis
- Choral Conducting Workshop: Smaller Choral Works
- Recital Paper Preparation
- Master's Recital
- Master's Recital Paper
- Analytical Techniques
- Choral Literature
- Vocal Methods and Materials in Music Education
- Transcripts – an official transcript from ALL post-secondary schools attended, regardless of if a degree was granted or not, must be sent directly to the Frost School of Music from the issuing institution in order to be considered official
- Three letters of recommendation - sent through CollegeNet as part of application submission. These do not need to be sent separately
- Resume - attached to the application at the time of submission. This does not need to be sent separately
- GRE Score - Please click here for more specific GRE information
- TOEFL/IELTS Score - Please click here for more specific TOEFL/IELTS information
- Teaching/Conducting Sample
- Writing Sample
International10000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 USD per year during 12 months.
National10000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.