The Master of Science in Mathematics program at University of North Carolina Wilmington is flexible enough to provide several plans of study depending on the choice of recommended sequence of courses.
- Student interested in applied mathematics may take courses to prepare themselves for careers in business, industry, or government as well as for further study in mathematics.
- Applications from the sciences, industry and management are stressed in course work from the areas of classical applied mathematics, operations research, and statistics.
- A more traditional pure mathematics plan of study provides a strong background in basic areas of mathematics.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Complex Variables
- Linear Algebra
- Linear Programming
- Modern Algebra
- Regression and Correlation
- Real Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Actuarial Science View 547 other Masters in Statistics in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of North Carolina Wilmington and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- An application for graduate admission submitted on-line through the Graduate School website.
- Official transcripts of all college work (undergraduate and graduate).
- Official scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) aptitude test. Scores more than five years old will not be accepted.
- Three recommendations from individuals in professionally relevant fields.
- Each applicant also must:
- Have a strong overall academic record and have passed, with a “B” or better average, the following undergraduate mathematics courses or their equivalent: a standard introductory calculus sequence including multivariate calculus, a course in linear algebra, and at least 15 additional credit hours of mathematics or statistics courses beyond the level of calculus.
International18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18548 USD per year during 12 months.
National18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18548 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State4720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Wilmington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.