The Marine Biology from University of North Carolina Wilmington Learning Outcomes
- A graduate student should be able to develop a research plan.
- A graduate student should be able to present and defend a research plan.
- A graduate student should be able to independently answer questions regarding their research field.
- A graduate student should be able to communicate his or her research to a broadly-trained public audience.
- A graduate student should be able to write up his or her research in the form of a manuscript for publication in a scientific journal.
- Advanced Topics in Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Advanced Topics in Evolutionary Biology
- Advanced Topics in Evolutionary Biology Laboratory
- Advanced Topics in Ecology
- Advanced Topics in Physiology
- Estuarine Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMarine Studies Environmental Sciences View 145 other Masters in Marine Studies in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of North Carolina Wilmington and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Research Interest: Research Interests Form
- Research Interest Statement: Describe your general research interests. It is not necessary to designate a specific project, but you may instead wish to focus on broad areas of interest and specific faculty members who you think would be a good fit for you as your advisor. Also include any background information that you believe is relevant, such as prior research or work history, or academic experiences that you think have helped prepare you for graduate school. (1-2 pages is recommended)
- UNCW Faculty: Should make initial contact with the faculty with whom you wish to work
- Curriculum Vitae
- Bachelor's Degree: Bachelor's degree from a biology-related field required
International18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18548 USD per year during 12 months.
National18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18548 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State4720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Wilmington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.