The primary goal of the program is the development of professionals capable of conducting research and applied work in the geosciences through the broad study of modern and ancient Earth and ocean processes as well as human-environment interactions.
- The Geoscience program at University of North Carolina Wilmington includes thesis and portfolio options, both of which provide a foundation for advanced study or employment in the geological, geospatial technology, oceanographic and environmental fields, as well as the mineral and energy industries and government agencies.
- Research Methods in Geoscience
- Technical Communication in Geoscience
- Advanced Field Methods
- Directed Independent Study
- Topics in Geoscience
- Research Seminar
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Environmental Sciences View 324 other Masters in Geography in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of North Carolina Wilmington and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- An application for graduate admission; including a research essay (required) and a teaching assistantship essay (optional-only necessary if you are interested in a teaching assistantship position in the department).
- Official transcripts of all previous college work (including undergraduate and graduate, where applicable).
- Three letters of recommendation by individuals in professionally relevant fields and who are familiar with the candidate and can speak to their abilities and interest.
- A non-refundable $75 application fee.
International18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18548 USD per year during 12 months.
National18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18548 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State4720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Wilmington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.